Donít Let Winter Stop Your Fleet Cold
Fleets that do not have an effective winter preventative maintenance (PM)
program run a high risk of developing cold temperature operability problems.
This can result in down time, loss of income, and costly repairs.
- Winter Preventative Maintenance
- ValvTect Diesel Guard Antigel Deicer, BioGuard and Tank Dri
Proper PM Prevents Winter Problems
The following ten tips will prepare your vehicles for winter and help prevent
cold temperature operability problems.
- Pump water bottoms from storage tanks.
- Use Tank Dri to remove any remaining water and condition vehicle saddle tanks.
- Kill microbial growth with BioGuard fuel microbiocide.
- Remove water and sediment from vehicle fuel tanks.
- Install new fuel filters.
- Consider using larger mesh fuel filters in very cold climates.
- Discontinue mixing used motor oil into the fuel.
- Drain water separators often.
- Use low cloud point No. 2 that is responsive to antigel additives.
- Use ValvTect Diesel Guard Antigel/Deicer additives at recommended levels from November 1 through March 15.
WHEN YOU MAKE YOUR LIVING ON THE ROAD DONíT LET WINTER STOP YOU COLD!
DIESEL GUARD ANTIGEL/DEICER ADDITIVES ARE THE PERFECT WINTER SOLUTION.